Friday, April 4, 2008

Art and Entertainment

I am sitting in the library and worrying about a term paper. One of my bad habit is to delay something as possible as I can, especially I feel difficult. So, I am writing blog. --;; Don't get me wrong. I also love writing a blog too. ^^;;
Anyway, these term paper topics are not familiar for me at all. I am not interested in business, energy source, and art. I am surprising at myself. Even in my language, I have very limited opinion about those topics. That is why I feel difficult, but before complaining, there is a good point, too. Last week, when I went to my sister in law's birthday, I met one of her friend, Natalie. She is moving to Calgary from Victoria, and she is talking about the house that she wants to, especially, the house has saving energy system. She describes the system, and I noticed that has geotheminal (? I forgot spelling) energy source. You guys should have watched me. I was very excited to talk about it because I know about. Guess what? No one did seem to care me, but I was so proud of myself. haha. I never thought that I would use energy sources as topics, but I used. Anyway, I realized to have wide interest is important, again. How many students feel bored about chapter.9? I am not bored but that is true not to have many topics to write and say. For example, rock'n roll in listening class, I wish I knew some musicians. For many names I have never heard even. What about painting? I know that is good, but talking about it is not favourite. I think that I should try to know about western culture more. In many cases, I am having many chances to talk about hockey, music and movies. I thought that those are not related to my English studying. However, now I have changed my thought. If I learn to language, learning their culture might be a good idea because language and culture are very close. When I wrote my speaking journal, I knew my topics were limited. For some topics, I can talk confidently, but for others, I don't have any idea. I feel that music and hockey are pretty important.

No comments: