Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Study Group

I was thinking about making a study group during the reading class. I love to study with a group. In the group, I can make sure for my understanding through discussion. It also helps me to remember vocabs and contents easily. Moreover, I can avoid being lazy because I break my promises of studying easily. I want to improve my English skills. There are many ways, but I prefer to read more to be better in English. To be honest, I am not a big fan of reading. ^^;; When I was a student in Korea, I was very busy to prepare for entrance exam of University. I memorized many things and practiced tests. Because of that, I did not have time to read books that I wanted to, or just enjoy. It might be a just good excuse, but anyway, I did not read a lot. First, I started to read to do homework in this semester. Later, I notice that I really enjoy reading. So, I was thinking about making study group for reading. Now I need to get certain score in TOEFL except EAP to apply nursing. I know no one likes TOEFL, but anyway I need it. That's reality ( When Murray said, monkey can pass that the test. I was laughing because I could not pass.) so, someone who needs TOEFL score by June 30 can join studying with me, or we could make reading group after EAP, or during. I think that will be fantastic idea. We can read many things and share many ideas. ^^ Someone who is interesting in it let me know. I will try to make a plan. I am so excited. ^^

2 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

I think study groups are great too! Especially if you all speak English while you are trying to study. The best scenario would be to get together four different people who all speak a different language. Good luck!

P.S. Isn't EAP good enough for nursing? I thought all you had to do was the MELAB speaking test (you do that at the Effective Writing Centre). I don't think you need to do the TOEFL if you are applying for nursing in Calgary. However, I'm sure you'll do great!

yun said...

Thanks Scott. I could take MELAB or TOEFL speaking test. For MELAB, I have only one chance before applying. That's why I'm thinking to take TOEFL/